Saturday, June 10, 2006

Am I still here?


Zzzzzzzzzz....

Zzzzzzzzzzzz...

Zzzzzzzz....

Wha...whawassat?!?! Oh, hi, there.

Was I drooling?

Sorry. I'm still here. School's out and I always crash really hard for a few days. All that end-of-the school year stuff wears me out. Anyone who thinks teachers only work from 8-3 and have all this time off can just take a long walk off a short pier -- it's hard work all year, but the last 2 weeks before midterms and finals are absolutely grueling!

My last few weeks have been spent cleaning and organizing the art room, which is crazy work. First of all, art teachers are notorious packrats. I don't think anything's been thrown out since 1975. I carried out TONS of boxes of papers, cardboards, old paint bottles with paint that solidified sometime during the Reagan administration... LOTS of stuff. Then I organized all the supplies into containers (which I will eventually replace with those nifty clear Rubbermaid thingies with handles) and kids will be able to keep supplies organized more easily.

I also moved furniture around and made work stations, and I'm not going to go into the boring details of that in here. (If you're interested, my other, more detailed blog is at http://mamallama.livejournal.com.)

On top of it all, I've got some commissioned art that I'm going to be doing soon, and I had to work out the details for that stuff. It's pretty exciting. More on that later.

But for now, I sleep. Lots. And be as lazy as possible. :)

No comments: