Tuesday, May 30, 2006

School's Out for Summer (almost...)

It's been crazy -- the end of the school year is always that way. It's a good crazy, though. All the seniors are getting ready to spread their wings and leave the comfortable familiarity of High School, teachers are crunching numbers and trying to get ready to turn in final grades and get their rooms ready for summer break, and everyone's looking forward to some time off!

I will be working this summer, though. I recently got a commission to do some art for the Diocese, and I'm pretty excited about that! I will be doing some paintings and mosaics (or possibly ceramic work) and maybe a couple murals, if time and budget allow. I'm a little nervous because this is my first big commission, but at the same time, it feels good to finally be doing something with my art and not just feeling jealous of those who are. ;)

I also got a very generous donation of art books from an anonymous donor, and have been builidng a small "research library" in my office. Eh... I don't need an office, anyway. It's been used for storage, more than anything. It will be nice to have a quiet spot where kids can sit quietly and do research for their projects.

And, of course, I have my silk painting class coming up at Taylor Books -- Mondays, 6-8 PM, starting June 12 for 6 weeks. Creativity ... but with caffeine. You gotta love that!

No comments: