Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Masonic Temple

Masonic Temple, Charleston WV


There ought to be a support group for people who are reading the DaVinci Code and can't put it down. It's an addiction, I tell you! A serious problem! I have a job to do, kids to raise! I have laundry piled up to the ceiling and I don't have anything picked out for dinner! More importantly, I have no clue as to what happened on Desperate Housewives this week! This behavior is worrying me!

Silliness aside, I know that the DaVinci Code is fiction (which is why I'm so amused at the number of books claiming to debunk the Code) but I have always been interested in religious history, especially as it relates to paganism and the early church. I find it interesting how the church co-opted all the pagan holidays for its own purpose. I guess it shouldn't surprise me that it also ditched half the Gospel accounts and fully erased the feminine from the church.

No comments: