Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Livestock Market, Spencer WV


Another old photo, remixed. This is the livestock market in Spencer, WV, catching the light from a brilliant winter sunset last year. I messed with the contrast and colors a little bit to maximize the golden light that was already there, and to make up for the atmospheric conditions that sort of dulled that out a little bit.



It was a crappy morning, and I can't seem to get motivated. I haven't been getting enough sleep, and the cold, snowy, grey weather isn't helping to convince me to get out of bed and accomplish anything. No matter - I slid into work today, anyway, and am getting grades done and lesson plans completed for my sub on Thursday -- I'll be out to take Olivia to get her second set of ear tubes put in.



I feel like livestock today -- herded from one place to another place, while there's this whole big world outside.



At least I've lost 10 pounds since Thanksgiving. That makes me feel slightly different than livestock.

No comments: