Monday, December 17, 2007

Enginescape


So, Mr. Burch has been building an engine in the garage for... oh... a really long time. It's a major undertaking he's doing for side work, for a friend. I have no clue what any of this stuff is (except for the spark plug wire, and only because it's labeled.) I just know that you push the pedal and the engine goes "vroom, vroom!" and the car goes forward. Occasionally, these nutheads hook them up to nitrous and take them to the track and the cars go forward really, really fast.

But it is pretty, this thing, with all the chrome and shiny nuts and bolts and wires and oddly-shaped components. It's almost finished, and is just about ready for its new home inside a '66 Mercury Comet. I shot a series of enginescapes that I might post from time to time when I don't have anything else to post. I like how this one turned out.

No comments: