Tuesday, September 12, 2006

This is your brain... this is your brain on drugs...

Right Brain/Left Brain
16" X 20", mixed media on canvas














So, I have a bad tooth. I woke up yesterday morning in excruciating pain. I originally thought I had somehow broken a tooth (while I was asleep? How?) and was able to get an emergency appointment with my dentist.

Good news -- the tooth isn't broken.

Bad news -- I have to get a root canal.

Worse news -- I can't get an appointment with the endodontist until Oct. 2nd.

So, in my Lortab haze, I was able to clean up this old project I had been working on since late last school year. Unfortunately, drawing is out the window. It's funny -- people think artists take a lot of drugs to make them more creative, but to be honest, I don't know how anyone could get anything done in this state. I feel like I'm playing one of those carnival games where you have to look into a mirror and guide the pin through the maze without touching the sides.

Really, I wonder if the tooth pain is worse than the drugged feeling. It's a toss-up.

No comments: