I got a lot done today! It must be the Milky Way Blast from Taylor Books. I think those things must contain crack or something like that because they're so addictive! I'm going to have to spend an extra hour at Curves to work that off, I think.
Anyway, I got the spacing on the 3rd row of the spiral fixed and worked on some more segments at the bottom. I also darkened the background, which I think makes it really pop right off the canvas! It's really coming along. I have a lot left to do, though. I think the segments look too shallow and need more shading, especially toward the outside of the shell.
So, lots to do, but I'm happy just to be painting again.