Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Day 4


I didn't get as much done today as I wanted to, but I like the contrast I'm getting.

This painting is almost like a mandala. It's almost meditative, working from the center outward. I wish it wasn't so cumbersome to carry -- I'd take it home every day to work on. Painting is such a wonderful stress-reliever, and the only side effect is losing track of time.

I got a chance to take in the printmaking exhibit at Taylor Books -- AWESOME stuff! Two of the artists, Peter Massing and Mary Grassell, were professors I had at Marshall University. I love their work.

My students are going to start printmaking and silk painting when they get back from Spring Break -- two of my favorite things to teach. I am looking forward to those projects. I just hope they'll get the supplies over Spring Break so we don't have stragglers.

2 comments:

Scott Mitchell said...

Hi

Thanks for the comments on my blog. I have been watching yours. I can't wait to see some of your other work. Welcome to blogspot.

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! It's really getting some 3d quality to it.