Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Imagine


This is an old photo, but I don't think I've posted it here. I thought it would be a good one for September 11th.

I would like to challenge everyone reading this to do one thing to promote peace today. No, I don't mean to protest the war, although that's fine with me. (I hate it that the word "peace" has been hijacked by the current administration and now anytime you say "peace" it is read as "against America." But then again, that says something about America, too. But I digress...) Do one thing today to promote peace in our society. Offer your umbrella to a stranger, share your lunch with a coworker, allow someone with just a few items to get in front of you in the line at the grocery store checkout... just do something nice for someone you don't really know. Who knows? That could be the only peace that person experiences all day, and then maybe they'll do something peaceful for someone else. Who knows, we could set off a chain reaction that brings about world peace. Sure, that's a tall order, but wishing for peace and doing what we can to bring it about gets better results than sitting in our offices, our cars, our homes, and forgetting the power a simple kind gesture holds.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I punched someone in the face...he was peaceful afterward.

Charleston Catholic / Clay Center Project said...

*hands Writer X a cookie*