Friday, October 06, 2006

Bandstand Sculpture

This sculpture sits atop the bandstand at Davis Park in Charleston, West Virginia, (across from the BB&T building).

My camera is crap. It's about 6 years old, and has been used and abused quite heavily. The viewfinder's gong out, and I have to smack it to get it to come back on. I will get it fixed and use it for a backup, but I ordered a shiny, new one, and it should be here early next week. I am so excited! Squee! This one's got all the bells and whistles, too -- including a much bigger zoom lens, which I'm pretty excited about.

Back to this sculpture...

It's stuck right atop the bandstand at Davis Park like a weather vane. It looks like it should spin with the wind, but it doesn't. When I was younger, I used to imagine that it would spin to find people playing music somewhere in the city. That would be an interesting animation, wouldn't it?

No comments: