Saturday, September 02, 2006

Go,Herd!

I'm not going to lie -- I'm a Herd fan, through and through. I know they're not favored to win, but I don't care. I don't get into football, and I'm not going to paint my face green and act like an idiot at the game -- I'm not even going to the game -- but I would love to see Marshall win the Friends of Coal Bowl. (What is up with that name, anyway? Coal Bowl, maybe, but the Friends of Coal Bowl? It just doesn't flow.)

I graduated from MU in 1999. Some of my best memories are from that time in my life. I loved Marshall. I just found out that one of my best students is hoping to major in Theater at Marshall, and I had to use a lot of restraint not to "SQUEE" like a teenage girl and jump up and down at that news. I love my school. Had I not married Mike and moved to Spencer, I would live in Huntington right now. In fact, we've talked about moving to Huntington. We still might, someday. Who knows?

This photo was taken by my son, Joseph, aged 7. We went to Huntington to visit my college bud Christina (that's her on the right) and visit the campus. I wanted the kids to see the school, because I know they're going to recognize it when the "We Are Marshall" movie comes out. I will be first in line for tickets. If you see me there, you'd better get outta my way!

GO HERD!

No comments: