Thursday, August 10, 2006

Weston State Hospital

I'm back from vacation and mural-painting... whee! Now it's almost time for school to start. But, not wanting to give up vacation so quickly, I decided to make a little jaunt on over to Weston to see the old State Hospital. I've been wanting to see this building ever since I moved to Spencer and learned that there was an almost identical building to Weston's Asylum right here in Spencer. (It was torn down and made into a Wal Mart. Same clientele -- less interesting architecture.)

I'll be posting a few photos from that visit in the next few days. This is my favorite. It's interesting to watch nature reclaiming this ginormous building. It's also interesting that the plant with the red flowers growing over the steps is called "Devil's Trumpet." Superstition says it only grows where the devil has been. Oooh, spooky!

No comments: