Thursday, April 06, 2006

Day one


So, right...

I'm starting painting again. I delayed my dreams of becoming an artist and exhbiting my work for a while so I could focus on having a family and getting my life established, but I've really wanted to get started on that journey again. So here I am, slinging paint again -- aside from my work as an art teacher. I'm thrilled about it! I've really neglected my creative self for so long, and working in Charleston has made it wake back up and demand some attention.

"Do one thing each day that gets you closer to your dreams." I tell my students that same thing every day. It's about time I took my own advice. People often say that those who can, do and those who can't teach. That saying gives me hives. I think those who can do and those who can and who give a crap about the future of our society should also teach!

This is my painting, day one. It's definitely a work in progress, but I thought it would be fun to record my progress.

*Waves to Oncee* Thanks for tuning me in to Blogspot!

3 comments:

oncee said...

I've added you to my blogroll. Does this mean you are going to start attending the Charleston Area Bloggers meetings? We need some women to come.

Charleston Catholic / Clay Center Project said...

That would be awesome! Let me know when they are, and I'll try to be there!

Teresa Gunderson said...

Hey! I'm here too. I like Blogger for my 'creative journal'. It's got a nice feel to it.

I will keep an eye over here to see your wonderful work.